- 44-O'Shaughnessy bus stops near the garden on Tea Garden Drive (southbound) and on Concourse Drive near Japanese Tea Garden (northbound).
- The 5-Fulton and 21-Hayes stop at 8th and Fulton Streets, just outside of the park. From 8th, walk into the park and turn right on John F. Kennedy Drive.
- The N-Judah Muni Metro streetcar, which is accessible, stops at 9th Ave. and Irving St. Walk north on 9th Ave. to Golden Gate Park. 9th Ave. turns into Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Keep walking on MLK Blvd. until you reach Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr., then turn right and continue to Japanese Tea Garden.
- From Ferry Building
Take N-Judah from Embacadero Muni Metro station at Market and Main Sts.
- From Fisherman's Wharf
Take Muni F trolley to Market St., transfer to N-Judah at Embarcadero station.
- From Union Square/Downtown
Take N-Judah from the underground Muni Metro station at Powell and Market Sts.
- From City Hall/Civic Center
Take N-Judah from Muni Metro station at Van Ness Ave. and Market St. or take Muni #5-Fulton bus at McAllister and Polk Sts. You can also take Muni #21-Hayes bus at Hayes and Larkin Sts.
- From CalTrain Depot
Take N-Judah from 4th and King station.
- From BART
Transfer from any downtown BART station (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, or Civic Center) to the Muni N-Judah OR transfer from Glen Park station to Muni bus #44-O'Shaughnessy.
- Market Street Alternative Route
If you prefer not to take the N-Judah streetcar from Market Street, you can take the #21-Hayes bus.
To Driving and Parking